Monday, June 15, 2009

In Force!! MTB team is a walking sixpack.



The IF Racing MTB team showed up and blowed up in force at the Stoopid 50 in State College this past weekend. 6 guys wearing the colors had the whole peloton confused. Everyone was coming up to me and telling me about the time we had on the trails, while in reality there were a bunch of us.
Greg 'The Leg', Chris Wurster, computer recluse Jeff Whittingham, single gear stomper Elk, Buck and myself (Harlan). The course had to be changed this year and we ended up on the 2005 Single Speed Worlds course. Lots of rocks, some double logs and a sick amount of team spirit.
At the start Greg took a couple of fakeout flyers and put everyone on alert about team mean green! After a 'The Leg' shook it out a bit I took to the left and made the crowd hurt. Including myself. The first section of single track was about the best mix of rock and techinical trouble shooting you can find on an east coast course.
I was a little held up by the Schalk, but after getting around him and leading for awhile I took a dive, courtesy of a bar end snag on a tiny pine sapling. I held out for a 3rd place overall after having to do a minor sprint for the last piece of single track.
Elk had a great Single Speed race and came in in 7th. The Whittingham ripped off an expensive derailleur (send cash) and Greg rolled a fatty on his new 29er,(you should see his bent dearilleur hanger). Buck and Wurster seemed to have a good time. I'm not sure what their final impression was, or result, or what cause none of that is posted. It was good times all around. Look we even got a group photo!

Go team!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]