Friday, May 29, 2009

Guess who's racin' again?

BUCK that's who!

That's right, I've gotten through the recovery and rehab of that nasty ACL thing. Doc said that I could ride the MTB. So I met up with the usual suspects to hit the trail and see how I felt. After a 6 hour "group-preride" of the Michaux Maximus 40 mile Monster Loop (95+ deg. with no tree cover) I felt just as bad as everyone else, so I figured it would be OK to race the next week.

So on May the 3rd (that's right this was a month ago) I ponnied up the coin for the entry. This was a rainy day with a temp of no more than 60 couple degrees. The not so long winded version of the story goes like this. Start slow and ride within myself all day and catch the second place rider in the last piece of rocky trail (thanks for the frying pan Theo). After passing him my rain and sand weary chain slips off, three seperate times. I thought that I was busted back to third. Second was mine despite the chain trouble. And there was much rejoycing around the keg of Roy Pitz (http://www.roypitz.com/ludwigs.html) Smoked Lager.

That's it for now.

Til next time on Month Late Update.
Keep the rubberside down and your pints up.

BK

P.S. You can click on the title to see results. Harlan is in there too.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]