Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Buck's quick recap of the Tour de Burg.

It's been two weeks since my return from the Tour de Burg and my legs still feel a little flat. Good times indeed. Seeing friends and competitors new and old for long rides, hurtful efforts, pleasure pace parade, post ride meals, inspired performances, Jimmy's fireworks, lazy flat changes, even a double flat. The Tour de Burg has everything you need. If it's not there you don't need it.



Long story short, I had weaseled my way up to 11th before the last day and had tenth in sight by mere seconds. Then the afore mentioned flats in the middle of some of the most bangin' single track downhill trail :( What can I say "Flats happen". For me the overall place is kind of important, but the people and rides are what I really go there for. This tour was bitter sweet, being the end of my time as part time stay at home dad and the beginning of full time. Ride time is sparse for a while. I will be making the most of what's available in preparation for my week long vaca to SSWC 08 in Napa, followed by the Shenandoah 100 the following weekend.



This past weekend had me sidelined (I did say I had flat legs right?) at the local race (Michaux Endurance Series, Curse of Dark Hollow) helping out with the finish and excess beers. It hurt a little when the race started and I was not in it, but the attrition rate would have had me. As it did many others. 45 Michaux miles in 93 degrees with high humidity! OUCH!



Hope to see you somewhere along the way, and I hope you have cold beer.

Buck

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]